OFFSET YOUR CARBON FOOTPRINT
The Nova carbon footprint calculator below is intended for households and individuals in South Africa to estimate their carbon footprints.
A calculator is a powerful tool, not only for footprint calculation, but also for its capability to educate consumers. There are however limits to what a carbon footprint calculator can provide and you should consider your calculation an estimate only.
It helps if you have accurate information before you start (utility bills from your energy provider and logbooks for your vehicle will help in this regard). Click here to download the assumptions used for this calculator.
The steps are as follows:
- Use the Nova calculator to estimate your footprint (complete the sections for Energy, Transport, Waste & Recreation)
- The results of the calculation are displayed for the household as well as for the individual in the results section
- You can select whether to offset the footprint for the whole family or just for an individual
- Fill in the amount to offset as calculated with the carbon footprint calculator on this site, select a pre-determined amount or fill in an amount calculated on a different website that you would like to offset with VERs from a Nova project.
- You will then be directed to Payfast to complete the payment.
- Once the payment is received, we will use the information to generate a certificate which will state that your footprint were mitigated with VERs from the Nova Basa Magogo project. The Vintage will be included as well as the standard used (WBCSD/WRI GHG Project Protocol) and the verifying agency (KPMG Service Inc.).